April 12, 2020
EASTER: Robert Gelinas
Discussion Questions: April 12
Introduction: Share about a time that you asked someone you didn’t really know for a BIG favor. How did it work out for you?
Read: Luke 23:38-43, Matthew 27:44
Discuss: sermon link: https://vimeo.com/406692825
- It’s difficult to have certainty in uncertain times. In what areas of your life do you currently face uncertainty?
- Part of the crucifixion process was to put a sign on the cross explaining your crime. Take a silent moment to picture what your sign might say.
- What painful sacrifices do you see yourself making at this time? Why are you making these sacrifices? What value could they have?
- Why do you think that the two men experiencing the same painful circumstances on a cross next to Jesus used their last painful breaths in such different ways?
- The virus of sin has infected 100% of the population and is 100% fatal. Its antidote is God’s grace. Do you know, that you know, that you know that you have experienced that grace and that your life is in God’s in hands? If so, how do you have that blessed assurance?
- What words would you use to describe the way the thief, who asked to be remembered, endured his final day? How can his example help you during these uncertain times?
Meditate on the words “remember me.” Pray sentences asking Christ to specifically remember you in the different ways in which you are facing uncertainty and sacrificing each day.