Surrounding vulnerable children in Uganda and Kenya with opportunities to reach their potential
through education, mentoring and healthcare.
How101 responsibly and relationally connects people through personal sponsorships for vulnerable kids at risk in Uganda and Kenya.
In Uganda, the focus is on supervised education, mentoring, and healthcare, as well as community support and training for guardians. We value and encourage relationships and witness transformation between sponsors and kids. Once a year, sponsors are invited to join in to help run the Omu’Omu (Starfish) Camp, a 4-5 day camp for all the children in the program (ages 5 and up). Over 200 kids are provided with educational teaching, discipleship, and mentoring, as well as games, art, music and sports.
In Kenya, we partner with Taraja Family Home (a transitional orphanage for abandoned boys age 8-18). We provide sustenance, personal sponsorships, and help with self-sustaining endeavors. We believe in empowering indigenous leadership. Together, we invest in and influence these young lives through restoration, education, and reintegration.
- For safety and well-being of all the children and young adults in the Starfish Program and Taraja Family Home.
- For our partners in Uganda and Kenya that operate the programs.
- Donate towards operational costs.
- Donate funds towards the annual Starfish Camp.
- Donate towards special projects such as: healthcare, transportation and advanced education.
- Join us on an annual trip to help run the Starfish Camp.
- Join us on a trip for building and repairs or enrichment for the boys.
- Help with fundraising events for the program.
GET YOUR PASSPORT TODAY!
If you do not have a passport yet, we encourage you to apply for one today. Offer it to God as a Statement of faith. When God knows you are willing to cross an ocean for Him, He knows he can call on you to cross the street.
5% OUTSIDE OUR WALLS
Click the buttons below if you are interested in giving or want to find out more on how you can pray, provide, or participate