More life community center
The MORE Life Community Center is about meeting the basic human needs of people while promoting self-sufficiency and maintaining the dignity of those in need. We use resource partnerships with agencies and ministries that are committed to doing the same in order to meet a wide range of needs.
1st & 3rd Wednesdays
2nd & 4th Wednesdays
2nd & 4th Wednesdays
Mobile Food Bank of the Rockies
NEW • CompTIA IT Program
The More Life Community Center (MLCC), in partnership with CompTIA and Arapahoe/Douglas Works, is proud to deliver technical training leading to the CompTIA A+ certification. The A+ certification is widely recognized and is one of the most cited certifications used as a starting point for a career in Information Technology (IT). Nationally, over 260,000 people have received the A+ certification.
The program includes core training and job placement services.
- This is a 12-week virtual course starting Monday November 9, 2020
- Prepares participants to successfully pass the A+ certification exam
- Fees associated with this course will be covered by grants awarded to participants*
*students must have a computer and internet access to participate in the class
In addition to the A+ certification, students will receive training and resources to help them in their job search. This includes:
- Resume writing and job interview skills
- Connection with employers
There is no guarantee that course graduates will find a job.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the program, though meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee eligibility for admission. Applicants must be approved by all three partner organizations. Each organization has its own criteria for approval.
The minimum requirements for the program are:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to work in the United States
- Have a valid form of government identification
- Have a computer and internet access to participant in the virtual class
How to Get Started
All you have to do is complete and submit this online application form. Applications will be accepted until 8:00pm MST on Monday, October 12, 2020.
The application also requires a one-page essay which introduces you to the grant award committee and explains why you are interested in pursuing a career in Information Technology.
The essay should follow these format requirements:
- One 8.5 x 11 page
- Portrait orientation
- Margins 1-inch top, 1-inch bottom, 1-inch right, 1-inch left
- Font: Calibri 12-pt
Note: Applications with essays that do not follow the format requirements may be disqualified
Applications will be accepted until 8:00 PM Mountain Time on Monday October 12, 2020
Coat Drive Collection: Oct 10 • 1p-5p
Distribution (by referral only): Oct 17 • 10a-2p
The MLCC is seeking donations of new and gently used coats! They must be donated with intact purchase or dry clean tags to be accepted. If you need a coat, you can request one here: Request Here
Our non-perishable food pantry is available to anyone in need of food, and other dry goods. Our volunteers are trained to make sure that only quality food is available.
The majority of our food comes from donations from Colorado Community Church; however, we are always looking for new resources to stock our pantry. If you are interested in hosting a Food Drive at your place of business, school and/or church, please contact us.
NEXT FOOD PANTRY COLLECTION WEEKEND
SEPTEMBER 5TH & 6TH
- Mixed Vegetables
- Green Beans
- Beef Stew
- Soups – Chicken, tomato, vegetable, beef, etc.
- Vienna Sausage
- Dry Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Cup-o-Noodle Soup
- Hamburger Helper
- Peanut Butter
- Tooth brushes
- Men’s and Women’s Deodorant
- Diapers, Sizes 4, 5, & 6
The Justice and Mercy Legal Aid Clinic is available at the MORE Life Community Center via remote appointment. Volunteer legal professionals offer free legal consultation for a wide variety of legal matters including, but not limited to:
- Family Law (divorce, child custody, child support, protection orders)
- Immigration Matters
- General Civil Matters
IMPORTANT: To maximize your time with the attorney, be sure to bring with you any documents concerning your matter. To schedule an appointment, please contact us.
LifeByte Computer Services
Our team of tech volunteers hosts a LifeByte computer wash and repair every third Saturday of the month.
Types of computer issues we address: operating system issues, applications, hardware, internet apps, etc.
Next event: Saturday, September 19th.
Bring your computer in the North Entrance doors of the church. There you will be checked in by one of our volunteers and your computer needs addressed.
Drop Off Time: 9:00am-10:00am
Pick Up Time: 1:30pm-2:00pm
THE LYDIA PROJECT
Volunteers at the MORE Life Community Center are considered essential personnel during this time. If you are interested in volunteering, please email us.
Volunteering is fulfilling, meaningful and fun. There are three primary areas where you can serve.
- Initial point of contact for MORE Life Center visitors
- Ensure that individuals feel welcome and cared for
- Provide guidance in completing the Application for Assistance and Food Selection form, and assist with guiding individuals through the process
FOOD PANTRY MINISTRY
- Prepare and distribute food boxes to families in dire need
- Sorting and stacking food pantry
- Serve as an advocate for people who come to the MORE Life Community Center for assistance
- Assess a person’s needs, and then assist them with resources within the MORE Life Community Center, CCC and resource partnerships that will address those needs
SUPPORT SERVICES & RESOURCES
- Food assistance
- Colorado PEAK Application Assistance
- Health/Wellness resources and screenings
- Employment search support
- Family/Senior housing search support
- Personal/Family support services
- Addiction and Relationship Recovery programs (Celebrate Recovery)
- Felon-friendly support services
- Legal Aid services
- Computer supply, repair and training
- Spiritual counseling and support