More life community center
MLCC WILL BE CLOSED ON SUNDAY DEC 25 and JAN 1, 2023
2nd & 4th Wednesdays
2nd & 4th Wednesdays
Mobile Food Bank of the Rockies
(North Parking Lot)
December Collection Needs
- tomato sauce
- pasta sauce
- beef stew
- spaghetti / ravioli
- Vienna sausages
- Vegetables: corn, carrots, mixed veggies
- Soups: beef, vegetable, cream soups, tomato
STAPLES & DRY GOODS
- flavored rice
- Hamburger Helper
- peanut butter
TOILETRIES & PERSONAL HYGEINE
- Diapers size 4/5/6
- adult / baby wipes
- feminine products
- body wash/soap
We will be receiving donations in the lobby of Colorado Community Church from 4:45pm-6:00pm on Saturday and 8:45am-12:00pm on Sunday.
FOOD PANTRY COLLECTION WEEKEND
1st weekend of every month • CCC Lobby
- meats (chicken, tuna, beef, salmon, spam)
beef stew/pot roast
- soups (chicken, vegetable, beef, tomato and cream)
- spaghetti sauce
- $10 gift cards (for purchase of milk and eggs)
- Hamburger Helper
- Peanut Butter
- Rice a Roni
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Baby Wipes
- Adult Wipes
- Feminine products
- Soap/Body Wash
Our non-perishable food pantry is available to anyone in need of food, and other dry goods. Our volunteers are trained to make sure that only quality food is available.
The majority of our food comes from donations from Colorado Community Church; however, we are always looking for new resources to stock our pantry. If you are interested in hosting a Food Drive at your place of business, school and/or church, please contact us.
The Justice and Mercy Legal Aid Clinic is available at the MORE Life Community Center via remote appointment. Volunteer legal professionals offer free legal consultation for a wide variety of legal matters including, but not limited to:
- Family Law (divorce, child custody, child support, protection orders)
- Immigration Matters
- General Civil Matters
THE LYDIA PROJECT
The Lydia Project provides sewing for economics classes throughout the year. Supplies, sewing machines, and books will be provided at no cost! Sign up now for Fall 2022 class Sept 8-Nov 17 6-9pm Space is limited. NO CHILDCARE PROVIDED. Questions? Contact Sheila J
LifeByte Computer Services
Our team of tech volunteers hosts a LifeByte computer wash and repair every third Saturday of the month.
Types of computer issues we address: operating system issues, applications, hardware, internet apps, etc.
Next event: 3rd Saturday of every month
Bring your computer in the North Entrance doors of the church. There you will be checked in by one of our volunteers and your computer needs addressed.
Drop Off Time: 9:00am-10:00am
Pick Up Time: 1:30pm-2:00pm
Volunteers at the MORE Life Community Center are considered essential personnel during this time. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out THIS FORM.
Volunteering is fulfilling, meaningful and fun. There are three primary areas where you can serve.
- Initial point of contact for MORE Life Community Center guests
- Ensure that individuals feel welcome and cared for
- Provide guidance in completing the Food Selection form, and assist with guiding individuals through the process
FOOD PANTRY MINISTRY
- Prepare and distribute food to families in need
- Sorting and stacking food pantry
- Serve as an advocate for people who come to the MORE Life Community Center for assistance
- Assess a person’s needs, and then assist them with resources within the MORE Life Community Center, CCC and resource partnerships that will address those needs
- Provide translation for guests
- Many different languages are needed as the refugee population grows
SUPPORT SERVICES & RESOURCES
- Food assistance
- Colorado PEAK Application Assistance
- Health/Wellness resources and screenings
- Employment search support
- Housing search support
- Personal/Family support services
- Addiction and Relationship Recovery programs (Celebrate Recovery)
- Felon-friendly support services
- Legal Aid services
- Computer supply, repair and training
- Spiritual counseling and support
TUITION ASSISTANCE GRANT-CLOSED
- WHAT: The MORE Life Community Center is offering a Tuition Assistance Grant in the amount of $1000 to 20 individuals interested in pursuing post-secondary vocational education through certifications, trade-based and Associate degree programs. Tuition will be paid directly to institutions where individuals receive education or training.
- WHY: The MORE Life Community Center is committed to assisting individuals improve their ability to earn a livable wage by finding new job opportunities. Training and education are essential in this pursuit.
- WHO: The Tuition Assistance Grant is for individuals who can demonstrate financial need, who have a high school diploma or GED and can legally work in the United States. Individuals should be highly motivated, prepared to commit to an educational program, work with a Life Champion as an ongoing advocate for support, and participate in quarterly cohort seminars as a part of the grant program.
- WHEN: CLOSED The application period was June 28-July 22, 2022. Qualified applicants will be interviewed and final decisions will be made by the MLCC Grant Decision Board by August 8, 2022. The Fall 2022 grant cohort will meet quarterly (4x) through the year for grant program seminars.
- HOW: GRANT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
- Progress can be saved and the application returned to as it is worked on.